Tuesday, November 6, 2012

For Some, Today was Election Day

For some it was election day, but since I'm a royalist, I was more focused on turkeys (yes I voted, but early).  Some revel in the noise of election season and then are relieved, with a bit remorse since some meaningful action ocured in life, when the noise is over.  I feel the same way about the turkeys.  They're loud and scratchy, small brained yet funny, ya know, a lot like politics these days.  But, like election day, processing day eventually comes. 

Today, with the help of 20 high schoolers (I'll tell about that in another post), we processed 25 turkeys and 3 gangly roosters whose bloodline was simply not worthy of the dignified hens that pick grubs from the lawn.  Here's a pictorial review:

First, you catch 'em.




 When caught, victory elevation.




Transfer to crate.


 Or bag.



Then teach high schoolers to do the work.


 And daughter.


Due to popular demand, I'll be posting a detailed pictorial of the actual processing, but just look at my girl plucking those feathers!  This is the life.

1 comment:

  1. if no other day compelled me to wish I was away from the hustle and bustle of city life, election day would be it.

    bah, omnis exuro.

    ReplyDelete